My Cooking Passion
 
This is a blog about my cooking and bento stuffs that I make for my kids.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Ok so here we go....the bento craze hits in!(edited)
This is the result of blog hopping and being so busy budy ! But I love it anyway! :-)
I saw more and more bloggers mom do a pretty cute bentos for their kids.
Actually I don't need to do this to feed my girls. They are practically eat everything I served them. Ok that is not true, they don't eat spicy as I do. But I will train them for that! I am Indonesian so we Indonesian love spicy food.

So the first thing come to my mind when I saw this blog .And saw all of her beautiful bento is : how can she manage to find the time to do that? and lucky my girls do not need to eat cute food!

hmm....Looks who's talking now!
Ok that particular blog , giving me the idea of trying it out. Ok what is the harm to give my girls a cute boiled egg? and a cute cut sandwiches? Ok, so I tried to browsed around and I was thinking just to try a few to start.

And again I was wrong...so very wrong. So I went to order a couple of stuffs from NST.
and with in days I made my second orders.

Want to see how serious is my new addictions?

These are what I have now ( got it from NST ) and Japan home center KK and I met this bento fan over there , and I know my collection will be more soon if I go to Daiso I Borneo , as my bento spy told me about what she bought over there via MMS.

Egg moulds

Hello Kitty lunch box
Hello Kitty bread cutter
Doraemon full body cookies cutters

Another food seperator, to make my plain bento looks better :)

Pooh veggetable cutters
Pooh cutter and icing sugar sieve

Rice mould
Got it from local store in KK ( photo courtesy of ebay store : hongkong outlet)
And these are the one on the way to me ( ordered from Ebay) so better order more , to cut down the shipping cost
Winnie the pooh egg mould , I think egg is the easiest thing to do . ( or maybe I was wrong?) beside my girls love eggs.


Winnie The pooh rice mould. This I can use for dinner at home as well. My girls doesn't need to bring rice to school,as the school provide food and my girls just eat everything they served.



My Melody die cut lunch box. This is just too cute!


A drink holder, Maya always bring Dwink box holder to school , And I think this is a cool and cute drink holder , and it is adjustable.


Small side dish container. Perfect for Maya


Hello Kitty veggie cutters and I think I will use it to cut sandwiches.

Hello Kitty food divider. It is just cute and I don't know If I need this, but anyway, I love it.

Quail eggs moulder! yay! Good for Maya's also


Hello Kitty sauce containers , to put cheese spread, mayonnaise , jam etc
Another sauce containers

Hello Kitty 's spoons
The stainless steel spoon

Hello Kitty food cups and food pick.. Just too cute!

Winnie the Pooh lunch box


Cookies cutters
Hello Kitty snack container, great for Maya.

So...since I just got a few of my tools last week. I only can make a hello kitty toast , i found the cutter is too big for one piece of bread. And I didn't take the photo for that.
So I just made this bento for the girls , it is very plain and unattractive kekeke...All are white and plain blah! Hopefully after my full equipments are here I can make it better!


Indy's bento, hehehe so plain, but she was so excited to see the Hello Kitty egg and showed it off to the whole class. The sandwiches are just plain bread with strawberry jam cut with my old metal cookies cutters that I bought from Consfood Damai Point long time ago. It has a good selection of bakery stuffs , they also got the chocolates moulds. The lunch box is the hello kitty one.


This is Maya one, A cinnamon roll egg with the same strawberry jam sandwiches. I use a small snack container from the first year ( I got if from Kids Avenue , Karamunsing complex)

I showed my sister that I am into bento now and she bought me these following stuffs from a Japanese store in San Francisco near where she works, the price are quite affordable about RM 10-12 each, and I will asked her to combine shipping for me as most of these are light:
Various foodcutters!
Sauce containers. I don't think I will need this much. But anyway.....
Rice Moulds
Sauce containers and ice cubes tray

Disposable chopstick , just because it is cute. Indy still can not use chopstick so I think I will keep this one first.


Sauce containers, Food dividers

Heart shaped egg cookes, non stick rice scooper and pot holder


Food cups/side dish cupsFood picks

Seaweed punchers
Lunch box straps, food and spoon, and chopstick.

Food wraps, sauce containers, and antibacterial wraps

So do you think I have enough to start? Is it too much to start? LOL
I am not sure yet if I will make bento every day. But I know one thing for sure I must stay away from ebay for a while!
posted by Unknown @ 11:46 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Unknown
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER